Train a child up in the way he should go...

Proverbs 22:6



1.28.2011

iPad, Kindle... What Next?- Education of the Future

Times are changing.  The way we envision a classroom now will be a thing of the past.  Books will be replaced with hand-held personal computers, flyers will be replaced with blogs, and hard-copies of student work will be delivered digitally.  At ZSJ, we're beginning to sense the change.  Through the state and national standards, we're feeling a push toward a digital world... Some of our more seasoned teachers who have been teaching with pencil, crayon and paper for the past couple of decades question whether this change to the digital way of life is necessary.  New teachers are entering the education world prepared and excited to try out all of the technology.

What point am I trying to make?  I'm not really sure.  This is all very new to me, even though I'm the Tech Coordinator at ZSJ.  I'm on the fence.  A part of me wants to jump right into this virtual world of teaching, and the other side of me wants to hold tight to what has worked for so many years.  Unfortunately, I think my option for holding on to the past is... not going to be an option...  Strap on your seat belts people.  Be prepared for a ride of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment